Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:06:15 -0800
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jeremiah@sherline.com>
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Prevalence of FreeBSD and UNIX among servers

> What software do you use to scan a network for viruses?
>
> (I know about scanning incoming, queued and delivered mail for viruses,
> but what about live viruses?)

I've used both McAfee's vscan for Unix/FreeBSD, and Kaspersky's Anti-Virus
for FreeBSD.  They are fully functional virus scanners.  In fact, I did an
article for www.bsdatwork.com on Kaspersky's Anti-Virus.

Combine this with smbfs, and you're ready to go.

Jeremiah Gowdy

IT Manager - Senior Network Administrator

Sherline Products Inc
3235 Executive Ridge
Vista CA 92083-8527

IT Dept: 760-727-9492