Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:03:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Userland feature request

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Karl Pielorz wrote:

> "Jason J. Horton" wrote:
> > Quite awhile ago, when I occasionally used Linux, they had a feature
> > that I found quite useful. Doing a CTRL-PageUP/PageDown(coulda been
> > shift or alt,
> > I don't remember)would scroll through the console buffer, useful if
> > something scrolled off the screen by a few lines. Does anyone remember
> > this feature?
> > Would this be something we would want to implement?
>
> If your using the FreeBSD console - this already exists!
>
> I can pres 'ScrollLock' here, and hit PgUP and PgDown and see all the previous
> output to the console... ;-)

Is there a way to clear the scrollback buffer?  When one logs out of the
console, it would be good if someone else couldn't come along and see the
last bits of what the previous user had been doing.  I've tried putting \f
in the gettytab, but it doesn't seem to clear the scrollback buffer.

Guy

Guy Helmer, Graduate Student, Iowa State University Dept. of Computer Science
Research Assistant, Ames Laboratory       ---         ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov
Research Assistant, Dept. of Computer Science   ---   ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer