Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 1997 18:27:11 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
Subject:   Re: cpu/memory monitoring

>  Hmm, the reason I asked for a simpler source than top's one is that I'm
> porting an application that behaves like Win NT's taskmanager. It was

For those of us that don't know what NT's taskmanager actually looks
like, can you perhaps elaborate as to what your actual requirements are?

> is its source code. That's why I asked for a simpler code which deals
> only with the cpu/memory load monitoring part.(Anyone has written a
> sample code like this?)

If all you want is the CPU load average, the function getloadavg()
should be all that you need.  FreeBSD doesn't have such a thing as
"free" memory, as unused memory is occupied by the buffer cache.  You
can look at the source for 'systat' for how to extract that sort of
information.

mike