Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:16:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      synrat <synrat@wirewalk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba problems

this may be a wrong list for this question,
but I believe that many people should've had the same problems.

I get these messages in samba log every now and then

  read_data: read failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer
[2003/09/24 12:02:27, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_data(436)
  read_data: read failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

after that the windows client starts having problems with profiles stored
on the server. possibly other problems as well, but I haven't tracked that
down. does anyone know what this means ? google shows different opinions
about quality of network connection, network cards and drivers, windows
patches and other things. Can someone confirm what is the problem ?

thank you all