Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 09:35:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@MPI-Softtech.Com>
To:        janpf@yahoo-inc.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse wheel on XFree-4 stopped working ?

Put the word Auto where you have IMPS/2 :)
it should autodetect the appropriate protocol.

You could also try Intellimouse though this may be for serial devices only.

I am unfortunately not on my FreeBSD box here at work... I have the mouse wheel
working at home though...

Dave
>Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:33:28 -0300
>From: Jan Pfeifer <janpf@yahoo-inc.com>
>To: Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@MPI-Softtech.Com>
>Subject: Re: mouse wheel on XFree-4 stopped working ?
>
>sorry, what's Auto protocol ?
>
>anyway i tried the xev but steering the wheels (there are two in the mouse)
causes no answer at all. I have the very same mouse in another machine, with
linux (also X-4.0.3), and there i use the protocol "IMPS/2". But for FreeBSD
this procotol seems not to be supported ... ? Any idea ?