Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:15:59 -0400
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@os.org.za>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rolling multiple FreeBSD installations

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 01:28:17AM +0200, Khetan Gajjar wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to create a FreeBSD installation and then duplicate
> it onto multiple PC's, only changing the hostname and IP address.
> This would be done with 3.3-RELEASE, and is necessary
> because the boxes will be identical except for location.

Well, an elegant solution would be to mirror the current CVS
repository, make any local changes you need, commit them back to your
local copy of CVS, and they create your own release.  At that point
you could write a CD, or install from FTP.  You'd still need to make a
few changes on each one (IP address, name), but you could have
unlimited customization.

--Mark