Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 20:23:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        Dev Chanchani <dev@wopr.inetu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: E-mail forwarding

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Dev Chanchani wrote:

> Is qmail completely compabidle with all other mailers? I have
> taken your suggestions and began to set it up. I like it a lot
> really. But I just want to make sure its going to work out of the
> box with the other mailers.

You mean is qmail fully SMTP compliant? Sure it is!  If you are
referring to MUAs like Pine or Elm, you should substitute the
original sendmail with the fake sendmail provided by qmail. Pay
attention to the READMEs included with qmail.

> Also, how do you setup autoresponders with qmail? I would ideally
> like to have a infobots directory in our hosting accounts where
> users could create a file like joe, and joe would be send back
> when someone sends e-mail to joe@domain.com. Anyone have any
> suggestions on this?

1. read all the documentation that comes with qmail, including the
   readme and the faq.
2. redo 1 ;-)
3. man dot-qmail

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' degli studi di Milano, Italy.
                 "Whuffo you jump out of them airplanes?"