Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:05:51 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jlm@seaholm.caamora.com.au>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        jolan <jolan@enteract.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gravis ultrasound pnp for oldtimer

Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
Bcc:

Subject: Gravis Ultrasound PnP

all,

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 01:50:58PM +1000, Jonathan Michaels wrote:

> > I'm curious to hear whether you occasionally get just static when you try
> > to play wav, pcm or mp3 files.
> >
> > See PR 17542 for some details.  The static problem has been around for a
> > year, ever since newpcm was introduced.

sorry fro this sorta off topic post, i have several gravis
ultra sound classics and like the way that they work.

i see that you all have gravis pnp's, I'd give my eye teeth to
have just one to put in my graphics workstation (i386dx33 with
8 Mb dram x11 is a bit slow, but it works for me).

can you tell me where i could purchase (off list please) and
how much one would cost, please. these seem to be no longer
available in Australia and i regret being so slow off the mark
when they were available for the brief time when our dollar was
in better shape .. grin.

any help assistance .. or if anyone else has got an old one
that they no longer want, use, despise (grin) etc etc.

please drop me a line and we could work something out.

warm regards best wishes and much thanks

jonathan