Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 1998 19:27:23 -0500
From:      Strobel <100730.3706@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X-Server under FreeBSD2.2.5

Hi,
i want to run the FreeBSD 2.2.5 System, but there is a problem with the
Accelerated X-Server  V2.1 i am using. The raw installation works fine, but
when i start the X-Server in test mode with:
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xaccel
i got the following error message:

PCI (#1/1, 8000 000c)
Matrox,16: 2064,TVP3026 (8192k, @e2000000, [0,000 - 220,000Mhz])
failed to set default font path 'here comes the default font path ....'
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

On my old FreeBSD 2.1.5 everthing work fine. Can somebody help me with this
problem?
By the way, the same error occurs under FreeBSD 3.0 Snapshot.

Thanks

Andreas