Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:33:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-boot problem..

	I installed FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE as of July 11, on
	my new Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop, and I'm having
	trouble getting the multiboot menu working.  I've
	tried both the standard FreeBSD boot menu and
	the OS-BS boot menu.  OS-BS reports "missing operating
	system" when I try to boot it, and the FreeBSD one just
	beeps at me (no error message at all)

	My disk is sliced as follows:

	11GB windows slice
	17GB FreeBSD slice with following partitions
	 - 64meg /
	 - 512meg swap
	 - 4 meg /usr
	 - 4 meg /data

	I am able to boot by booting from my 4.0 CD, then
	switching the currdev to my harddisk before
	letting it boot the kernel.  However, this is
	really annoying.  Did I mess something up when
	I installed FreeBSD?  Did I miss a config line
	in one of the conf files in /boot?

	Any help is appreciated.

					Steve
Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	 steve@spukhaus.com