Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:28:10 +0900 (JST)
From:      Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji@MailAndNews.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sound driver trouble

Hi,
   I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.7, however, these days I have trouble in sound
driver.  Some applications (executor-demo, rvplayer5.0) cannot open audio
device.  I have written the sound driver section in the kernel config file
and execute MAKEDEV snd0 to make sound devices (mixer, sequencer, dsp0,
audio0, dsp, dspW, dspW0, etc.).   What is interesting is that xgalaga
(an X windows game) can use audio although it says "The sound could not be
opened."   So I need some help.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.
  Thanks in advance.

-Tetsuji Rai

PS I include sound section of my kernel config file (I changed some
defaults).  And I use Sound Blaster 16 MultiCD
----------
controller snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x240 irq 7 conflicts drq 0 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x300
device opl0 at isa? port 0x388 conflicts
----------
and here is sound section of dmesg
sb0 at 0x240 irq 7 drq 0 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.12>