Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:35:36 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syscons CUT&PASTE functionality added...

> The problem here is that the vty's aren't there when before the
> getty's are run. THe vty are dynamically allocated (to save space)
> and so they are actually not there before they are opened the first
> time (by the getty). This apparently effects the way the mousepointer
> is handled. Oh well, I'll look at it...

You need some protocol talking back: syscons -> moused
It needed in following cases at least:

1) New tty allocated (by getty): syscons tells previously running
moused to handle it.

[it fix starting from rc bug]

2) Graphics mode entered: syscons tells moused to close
mouse device.
3) Graphics mode exited: syscons tells moused to open
mouse device.

[it fix X11 conflicts]

--
Andrey A. Chernov