Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:53:18 -0700
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
To:        "Jeffrey Fu" <jfu@asl.dl.nec.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CVSUP

>I want to downgrade my FreeBSD 4.0 to FreeBSD 2.2.2 for some reason.  I use
>the CVSup to download the FreeBSD2.2.2 by the following supfile
>
>*default tag=RELENG_2_2_2_RELEASE
>*default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org
>*default prefix=/usr/temp
>*default base=/usr
>*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
>src-all
>
>After that, it created a "src" directory under the "/usr/temp" directory.
>What should I do next?  Do I need to do some command like "cvs"?  Or I just
>need to copy the src to /usr/src and do a make world there?  Thanks for
>your help.

Please don't cross-post to multiple lists...

I suspect cvsup stuck the sources in /usr/temp/src, since you told it to:
*default prefix=/usr/temp

Take a look at 'man cvsup':

    prefix=prefix
        This is the directory under which updated files will be placed....

--Dan

--
Dan O'Connor
On Matters of Most Grave Concern