Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:16:14 -0500
From:      "Kreider, Carl" <carl.kreider@windriver.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   read a file from a driver

I am working on an embedded project running FreeBSD, and my driver
for our custom card needs to load an FPGA with code. I know I can
compile the code in as data, but for ease of development, I would
rather fetch the FPGA code from a file. With a driver in kernel
space. Really.

Can it be done? If so, how? open() and read() are obviously in libc
which rules them out. Do I have to write my own in assembler?

--
Carl Kreider
Wind River Doctor Design Services