Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:16:19 -0600
From:      Ippolito William-WLWI01 <William.Ippolito@motorola.com>
To:        "'Rob Simmons'" <rsimmons@wlcg.com>, Ippolito William-WLWI01 <William.Ippolito@motorola.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Cross platform back up software

I have one box.  The Win2k box will become a FreeBSD box.  I would move the DLT over to another machine, but the DLT is an internal scsi device.

If I set up a workstation with a DAT drive, I should be able to do the same thing correct?  The workstation does not have room on the local drive to store data from the server, will that be an issue?  It sounds to me that this will copy the data from the Win2k server directly to tape and the FreeBSD workstation, correct?

Bill Ippolito