Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 06:15:00 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        nate@sri.MT.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CLOCK stuff at bootup

Bruce Evans writes:

> >> Then don't ask.  The defaults work the same as before.
>
> >Don't stick stuff in the default kernel that don't make any sense.  I
>
> It's not in the default kernel (GENERIC or 2.1).

It's been in all the default kernels in -current since 5/1.

> >It's too technical for the 'average' user, but you're making the default
> >verbosity enough to peak the interest of the average user.
>
> I hoped to pique the expertise of above-average users.

Please help  me into an above average user regarding time-keeping
information.  Assuming I get xntpd running, what am I looking for when
'things are working better'?

> >Help me help you by making your instructions more clear please.  Don't
> >assume I have a clue, then I will be more able to help you do whatever
> >it is you're trying to do. :)
>
> What I'm trying to do is get feedback about working and broken clocks
> only from users who know what to look for.

Tell me what to look for.  The only way average users will become
above-average users is with information, and so far there has been a
lack of both IMHO.

Nate