Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:44:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam Strohl <adams@digitalspark.net>
To:        Rajappa Iyer <rsi@panix.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current Uncompilable?

On 3 Oct 1999, Rajappa Iyer wrote:

> I had the same problem, but only with make -j8 world.  Plain "make
> world" worked fine for me.

I compiled with make -j 12 actually, dual processor madness and all :P

(51 minutes on my Dual Celeron 450s UDMA 33 IDE disks /w SoftUpdates)

I could hear my IDE disks begging for mercy.

However, I have seen cases where some programs, and kernels wouldn't
compile with the -j or -l (gmake only) options, this is a problem in the
makefile organization, and generally any modern makefile should withstand
being -j ed.

-  UNIX Operations/Systems               http://www.digitalspark.net  -
-  adams (at) digitalspark.net                    xxx.xxx.xxxx xxxxx  -