Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:30:06 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Promoting 3.0

I'm not subscribed to the list, but did a search of the mailing lists archives
about this and didnt turn up much.

When Redhat shipped their most recent version of linux, it was all over the
various online news services - even made it into some of the mainstream press.
Theres a lot of interest out there in alternative operating systems at the
moment, and so I think there's a good chance of getting some stuff in print
now that 3.0 is released and being mastered.

For my curiosity are there any plans afoot to get a blizzard of press-releases
out to the right people when the CDs start to ship?

Kris