Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 05:40:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@cygnus.rush.net>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Killed Myself

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, John S. Dyson wrote:

> Back in the late '70's, I started investigating C as a programming language.  It
> took a week to get a "hello world" to compile and link.  I was an island, without any
> support from anyone.  Such experiences do teach one to be somewhat tolerant.
>
> My mistake:  I came from a DEC programming world, and I wrote the program
> like this:
>
> Main()
> {
> 	Printf("Hello world\n");
> }
>
> My brain wasn't trained to be case sensitive (of course, it is now), but that
> was a most irritating experience.

I wish I could dig up some of my first pascal/C programs, bad enough to
peel the paint behind the person trying to read them.  The only two
other languages i had played with were GWBASIC and Turbo-assembler
without any guidance of course...

*cough* goto *cough*....

on second thought, keeping them buried might better serve my interests.

:)

-Alfred