Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:57:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Endin Suprana <esuprana@yahoo.com>
To:        Neo-Vortex <root@Neo-Vortex.Ath.Cx>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp problem

Hi,

ipfw show result:
# ipfw show
65535 13118 1218053 allow ip from any to any
#

have uncommented out ftp line in inetd.conf as well.
the client (windows box) can ftp to other side except
this freebsd server. fyi, i tried to test from a same
local segment.

seems a simple step to enable ftp (based on the
handbook), but it works only from localhost..:-/

I didn't configure any firewall setting, since i'm new
to this freeBSD (i'm using freeBSD
4.9.STABLE-RELEASE).

I apologize for basic questions here... :-). I'm
afraid there's a default security issue or TCP wrapper
related to freeBSD. Any suggestion where to start find
out the problem should be very appreciable for me.
thx.

rgrds,