Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:44:26 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
Subject:   bad sectors on disk and vinum/ccd

Hi

I have 2 disks which I both don't trust, so I thought mirroring might be a
good idea. I tried ccd, and it seems to work well, but how does it work
with bad sectors (of which I know there are on one disk)... Does bad144 -v
-s /dev/wd2s1 work for it?
How does vinum work with it? And; I couldn't find how to get vinum working
for mirroring - is that possible? (striping and concat results in
almost the same). (striping with vinum was btw much faster than ccd!)
I also wonder because vinum has to use 'unused' for its slices.

BTW: how can I check if bad144 really worked? Can I get a list of bad
blocks on my harddisk marked as BAD so I can check it really did
something? With -v I saw too much crap, also that there were "double
entries" or something...

Thank you!
Paul

--