Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:09:00 +0000
From:      "Ian Kallen" <ian@gamespot.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot floppies broken?

I've downloaded boot.flp from /pub/FreeBSD/2.1.6-RELEASE (yes, as a
binary) and used
dd if=/tmp/boot.flp of=/dev/rfd0c bs=36b
to make an image but if I try to mount it I get a bad superblock
complaint.  I tried it on a few different floppies and a few
different machines. I formatted from win95 and ran scandisk without
any problems.  Is the disk image corrupt or am I forgetting something
here??

--
Ian Kallen                           ian@gamespot.com
     Director of Technology & Web Administration