Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:41:43 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A patch for FreeBSD Security Information webpage

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 12:24:13AM +0900, Makoto Matsushita wrote:
> BTW, this means that 4.3-RELEASE is no longer supported by SA, even if
> it is remotely exploit vulnerability?  The decision is reasonable for
> me; I just want to confirm about this.

Officially, yes.  Two branches are enough to worry about, and I do
not wish to encourage folks to stay more than one release behind.
Practically speaking, you will likely continue to see fixes for
RELENG_4_3 for some time.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                 http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos