Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 1997 09:47:59 -0400
From:      rknebel@csrlink.net
Subject:   Re: memory

Hi,
I am somewhat new to the unix world but have freebsd and redhat linux setup
on my home computer.
My setups are almost identical. Accelerated X, tkdesk, afterstep, and
netscape version 4.
When I have all of the above running and look at, top my memory and cpu usage
is about 20% lower with freebsd version 2.2.2 than with redhat 4.2.
I was just curious if there is something about freebsd that would account
for this difference ie the way it assigns or uses memory.
I have 64 megs of ram and a cyrix 150 proccesor with a matrox mill video
card with 4 megs of memory.
Thanks Alot

--
Rick Knebel