Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:48:33 -0600
From:      "Ray Seals" <rayseals@midwestis.com>
To:        "Steve Carter" <scarter@globalcenter.net>
Cc:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: question regarding 3.1 install from local ftp server

Thanks for the info, but here is how I got it to work.  I mounted the cdrom
as normal.  Added the  line ftp:*:99:99::0:0:FTP:/cdrom:/sbin/nologin per
page 5 of the install booklet.  Before selecting the media for install I
went to options and took out 3.1-RELEASE and changed it to none. Then went
to FTP URL and type in 10.0.1.254 and it worked.

If you follow the directions per the booklet you shouldn't have to change
3.1-RELEASE to none.  Has anyone else had the same problem?

Ray