Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 09:13:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rich Fox <rich@f2sys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail.local problem

Hi,

I am having a problem where mail.local can not create a temporary
file, and I can't get mail delivered properly as a result. It is
attempting to create a file in /tmp which looks like...

drwxrwxrwt   5 root  wheel      512 May 23 06:05 tmp

I as myself and root can both create files in /tmp, without issue. I
killed off many daemons thinking that perhaps I had too many file
descriptors open (I really don't know what I am talking about here), but
nothing helped.

I could not find any specific information relating to this in the
archive, or even anything I could graft onto this problem.
Has anybody had experience with this?