Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2000 23:25:29 -0700
From:      Caleb Walker <caleb.walker@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More Sound questions

I have been following the sound questions that have been going on lately
so it got me wanting sound also.  I went and bought a sound Blaster 16
pci sound card.  I compiled my kernel with "device pcm".  I rebooted and
I get nothing.  I do a 'dmesg | grep pcm' and see nothing.  I do a dmesg
| more and look all the way through to see if I could see anything that
resembled a sound card starting with pcm.  NOTHING.  I get back into my
machine and add "device sbc" to my kernel config file.  I recompile and
reboot and go through the same proccess and find nothing.  That is where
I am now.  Is there anyone that may be able to see what I am doing
wrong?  Is the pci version of the Sound Blaster 16 supported?  Is it the
same way?  I dont know, I am just frustrated now.  Thanks a lot though
for the help if you guys can.

Caleb Walker