Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 23:57:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        David Talkington <dtalk@prairienet.org>
Cc:        Robert Clark <res03db2@gte.net>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [OT] cordless keyboards

The Logitech uses a 10bit ID that is assigned to the base
station/mouse/keyboard at the factory.  I don't believe there is any type
of encryption.  I would not recommend the Logitech, they don't have very
good range.  I have had much better luck with the Intel version.  The
Intel has a much better range, plus they have a wireless gamepad option.

As for sniffing thier signal, I think it would be quite easy to do to
either one.  Here is the frequency range, all you need
is a scanner.

Intel:
Transmitter/Receiver Frequency Range: 902.5MHz-927MHz
Logitech:
http://www.logitech.com/cf/support/1029.cfm

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator