Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:39:59 -0500
From:      "Gene" <fbsd@brightstar.bomgardner.net>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>,Gene <fbsd@bomgardner.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: That elusive mysqlclient.16

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:17:37 -0500, Dan Nelson wrote
> In the last episode (Apr 17), Gene said:
> > Attempts to build databases/mysql55-server or php5-mysql, or php5-mysqli
> > all stop with the following error:
> >
> > Error: shared library "mysqlclient.16" does not exist
> >
> > I've tried building and rebuilding mysql55-client, tried portupgrade
> > (after portsnap) all to no avail.  Google searches found one item, and
> > that was in Chinese.
> >
> > Does anyone know what port is supposed to install this share library? I'd
> > think the file would be installed by mysql55-client, but apparently not.
>
> mysql55-client installs it.  Try rebuilding mysql55-client again and
> make sure it installs successfully.
>
> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@allantgroup.com

Dan - thanks for the reply.

I did the following:
cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql55-client
script ../t
make clean
make
make deinstall && make reinstall
exit

Installation completed successfully.

mysqlclient.16 still cannot be found, nor does the filename occur in ../t.

Any ideas where to go next?
I can put the script output up on the web if you think it'll help. It's kinda
big for an email.

thanks,
Gene

thanks