Date:      Sat, 05 Apr 1997 03:45:32 +0200
From:      Rob Urban <urban@rto.dec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   realaudio & Digital HiNote Ultra CT475

Hi Folks,

when I try to play the test file 'welcome.ra' that I got with
the realaudio3.0 client, all I get is nasty white-noise.

My audio hardware (ESS ES1488 AudioDrive) emulates a sound blaster.
I've tried catting ulaw files to /dev/audio, which works perfectly
well.

I'm running 2.2.1-RELEASE.

>From my config file:
> controller      snd0
> device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr

which agrees with what Bill says about the hardware when billy95
is running:

IRQ:
	05 - ESS ES 1488 Audiodrive

I/O Port usage:
	0220h-022Fh - ESS ES1488
	0388h-0389h - ESS ES1488 (I dunno what this implies)

DMA:
	01 - ESS ES1488

Any ideas?

Please respond via mail.