Date:      Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:46:45 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Subject:   Re: port maintainers not in contrib.additional.sgml

Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> I was under impression that only authors of new ports are listed there.
> If someone take existing port, he's not automatically listed there.

Anyone maintaining a port is most definitely a contributor and should
be listed.

> Rather than maintainer field you should pursue Whom: from port Makefiles
> headers.

The port Makefile headers are absolutely meaningless.  I have no idea
why they even exist, though ports people insist on keeping it.  They
provide no information which is not available in the Makefile itself
or in CVS history.  The Whom: line is often directly misleading as it
is never updated, even in the case where the new maintainer has
completely rewritten the Makefile so that the only thing left from the
original is the header and the PORTNAME line.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no