Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:01:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Suresh Kumar Satapati <sks1974@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Protocol Identification

Hai

I have modified the behavior of ip_input so that it can accept a new IP
header type ..say IPPROTO_XXX
to make the kernel accept such a packet, i have added an 'protosw' entry
in the 'inetsw' array defined in in_proto.c
the problem is that the new modified kernel fails to accept packets with
this new IP protocol type. Are there any other files which i have to
hack, to make the kernel recognize the new protocol type ?
I know how to do that in older version of FreeBSD. its a bit different in
the new version 3.3. Kindly please get back to me regarding this.

Thanks
Suresh