Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:23:06 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More breakage in -current as a result of header frobbing.

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I've not yet heard a proposed cure that wasn't worse than the disease
> and would suggest that we all just Try A Little Harder rather than
> instituting unworkable policies to a problem that simply requires a
> bit more SELF CONTROL on the part of the developers to fix.

I'm inclined to think that this thread is all getting a little out-of-hand.
I know there were a few things that triggered this discussion, but the
one that caused the subject of this message existed for less than 11
hours.

This discussion serves to remind everyone of how annoyed people get
when others break the tree. Only if there are repeated, blatant
breakages is any further action required other than a message to
the committer saying "I wish you hadn't done that!". I don't see
any repeated breakages, so I'd just like people to agree that "sh*t
happens", and deal with it.

I'd ask committers to make themselves available and respond to email
at least the day after they commit something.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org; jb@freebsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137