Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:52:18 +0700
From:      Oleg Golovanov <olmi@kts.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP-FILTER

Dear Sirs:

I have FreeBSD-3.0 with modem's pool where I must enable constraint as following
user apppuser may have access to IP set x1.x2.x3.0/27 only.

I found in pppd (which I am using) feature pass-filter and wrote to user's
.ppprc :
        pass-filter 'net x1.x2.x3.0/27'
but its constraint doesn't work (user can go to any IP)
Then I tried following line in his home file .ppprc :
        pass-filter 'net x1.x2.x3 mask 255.255.255.224'
It doesn't work also.

(Option PPP-FILTER in kernel and in pppd enabled.)

Does anybody know the way to solve this problem?

Please, write me directly.

Thanks,
Oleg Golovanov
Krasnoyarsk city