Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2014 09:34:06 +0100
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RaspberryPi panic with CURRENT r261183 (was: r260558)

Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 14:55 +0100, Ralf Wenk wrote:
> > [Report of system panic some hours after /usr/ports updating because
> >  of mmcsd0 timeout snipped]
>
> The panic here is just a symptom.  The actual problem appears to be that
> the sd controller or card locked up -- just stopped responding to
> commands so that everything after that point timed out.  The filesystem
> code is not very forgiving about IO which does not complete, eventually
> you end up with a panic.

Just for your information about the current state:
After updating world and system to r261284 the panic is gone.

I have repeated the whole cycle of NFS-mount, rsync(1)-ing, fetching the
INDEX-file and calling portversion several times and the system is still
running after 2 days 20 hours. The hardware (RPi, sd card, power supply)
is unchanged.

Ralf