Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:16:05 -0600
From:      Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlist2@HotPOP.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a few questions...

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:07:14 -0600
Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlist2@HotPOP.com> wrote:

> 1: Has any one successfully managed to get  .nsv(a newer winamp
> video stream to play)?  Xine has it listed as working, but I've not
> had any luck with it. And it was backed out of mplayer when it was
> found the code for it came from a leaked source...
>
> 2: Any one else have massive problems getting the mplayer port to
> compile? I updated my portstree today with out any luck... the
> following is what I get when I do a make in
> /usr/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg...
<snip>

Got the second one taken care of... just looking into it a bit more
when I noticed a fix for it got commited to the ports tonight...

In the .nsv area Xine is listed as working... but I am guessing it
requires one of the RCs... as the version in the ports and the current
release version of it does not appear to support it...