Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:23:44 -0700
From:      Jin Guojun <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org,  questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to enable touchpad for DELL Latitude 100L laptop

Installed FreeBSD 6.2 on a DELL Latitude 100L laptop but cannot get its
touchpad configured.
By searching the handbook, it looks like PSM is the device for the
touchpad, so enabled verbose
during the boot and see some errors for psm0:

kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0:current command byte:0065
psm0: the aux port is not functioning (-1)
atkdbc: atkbdc0 already exists: skipping it

That is all messsage for the psm0, which is in turn not being configured.

Then, I tried this laptop under Windows XP and the touchpad works fine.

Is touchpad not the device psm? or something else I need to enable to
configure the touchpad?

Can anyone help to configure the touchpad on this laptop?

TIA,
-Jin