Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 11:51:01 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WaveLAN Driver for FreeBSD

> Well the User's Manual calles it a Cyrix Gx86 64-bit x86 Mobile Processor
> and it looks just like the one on the computex site.
> http://www.computex.com.tw/cmc/MINI586-LAN.htm

Hmm, looks very much like the one I was playing with.

> Key Features:
>
>        Cyrix GX86-133 MHz CPU
>        Cyrix 5510 Chip Set
>        S3 86CM65 VGA, 2MB RAM, CRT & LCD

... but it was using the MediaGX internal video emulation.  There was
room on the board for video hardware, but it wasn't there.

>        AMD 79C971 Lan 10/100MB TPO
>        Cyrix MediaGX 16 bit Sound

It's definitely a MediaGX then.

>        1 x 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
>        Space for 1 x 3.5" HDD
>        1 x ISA 16 Bit Slot Card
>        2 x 16550, 1 x ECP/EPP
>        2 x 72Pin SIMM Sockets
>        60W Power Supply, 110/220V
>        Case Size: 29 x 22 x 5.5cm
>
> The ones I have been using I get from Liberty Electronics which now have
> the name WinNET I (5BLCP) Ver. 1.0.  About $285 US.  They make a nifty
> looking router/firewall/vpn appliance.

That's the box alright, although the one I was playing with had Ingram
Micro Gmbh on it.  Same part number.  Do these folks sell to
individuals?