Date:      Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:36:16 +0100 (BST)
From:      Richard Caley <rjc@interactive.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Modems

I want to add a USB modem to a FreeBSD 5.* machine.

So, I built a kernel with ucom and umodem in it.

I have tried one I bought a while ago for use with windows, it is
identified as STMicroelectronics Communicator and gets set up as
ugen0. I thought I should get a ucom or umodem device?

Is this a dead end? I notice that this device name is in the usbdevs
file in the source, so maybe someone has done something with it
somewhere? There is only one product in the little table in umodem.c
so maybe this is just not a useful driver and I should be looking
somewhere lese, but I can't spot any clues.

If there is no way forward with that one, can someone reccomend a usb
voice modem which I can buy and expect to work with FreeBSD 5.3+?

--
rjc@interactive.co.uk				_O_