Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:52:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        Rob <drifter@stratos.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BACKSPACE v. DELETE

Add

stty erase ^H             make sure it's literal (^V)

to your shell configuration files and it will always be that, no matter
what.

Patrick Seal                        |"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make
<patseal@hyperhost.net>             |   really crappy operating systems."
Hyperhost - http://www.hyperhost.net| -Linus Torvalds
hosting and Design

http://www.freebsd.org - http://www.linux.org