Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 19:59:36 -0500
From:      Nils Holland <ncptiddische@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HP-Deskjet and COLOR

Hi folks,
I've just set up my FreeBSD system in order to be able to print. I have a=

HP Dekjet 610c, and I'm using it with the GhostScript "deskjet" filter.
Unluckily, I can only print in black and white. Now I'm wondering how I c=
an
print in color. Do I need to give some additional arguments to the dekjet=

filter in my printcap? Or do I need to use an entirely different filter? =
If
the second thing is true, how do I get that filter? I know when installin=
printer-support there was a nice menu that popped up and asked me which
filters I wanted to install. If I need a new filter? How do I bring up th=
at
menu once again?

And another problem: I just tried to print something from Netscape. The
document was a little bit long, but that shouldn't matter, I though. But
the printing system had a different opinion: It gave me a message saying
something like: "LPR: Copy job too big". Now, is there a limit that
specifies how big print-jobs can be? If so, how can I set this limit to a=

higher value in order to be able to print bigger documents?

Any help is apprectiated,
Nils