Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 98 11:04:26 +1100
From:      curl@tcc-comp.com.au
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.6 & Highspeed Serial cards

Hello,

I need to configure our FreeBSD 2.2.6 machine to work with a serial card
that has a 7.3728Mhz clock, and a serialport speed of 230400bps.

Here's the info about the card from the manual (excuse the japenglish):

The clock can setting to 1.8432Mhz (CLK * 1, 14.4KBPs), 3.6864MHZ (CLK *
2, 28.8KBPS) and 7.3728MHZ (CLK * 4, 57.6KBPs).

The 4032 its install with two 16C650 Chip, so we offer the 4032 two serial
ports with 32 Byte Transmitter and 32 Byte Receiver-Register (FIFO) up to
460,800 Baud. That is suggestive for a faster serial Data-Transfer-Rate
and relieve the processor from computer system.

Any User-Software recognize the FIFO Chip automatical and use this
function. If you want to use the CLK x2 or x 4, your software utility must
offer the clock initation.

The only software that came with this card is for Win95/3.1.  I have tryed
a number of the settings (CLK 1 & 2) on my win95 machine and the onyl time
i could get any response out of the serial card was in the clock1 settings
and a baud rate of 115200 to our TA. (The TA autobauds from 300-115200bps
and manual at 230400)..

Can anyone offer any help or some serial port code (I'm not a programmer)
to use this card. At the moment we can only safely use one B channel of
our 128K isdn connection.

Btw: the card is made by a company called Sun-??? (I used to have the web
address, but have lost it)

----
Stephen Walsh - TCC Computers
http://www.tcc-comp.com.au