Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 23:15:55 +0800 (CST)
From:      u351925@sparc20.ncu.edu.tw (PC Artist)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Boot failure

	I got boot.flp of FreeBSD 2.1.0 RELEASE.
	After I use rawrite to make the installation disk,
I reboot the system. And it hangs without printing any
message. But I can boot with it on other machine.
I reviewed the compatibility list, and found almost of them
are compatible:
	1. Adaptec AHA-1542CF SCSI card.(1 SCSI disk)
		(0x330,IRQ 11,DMA 5)
	2. Normal I/O card (IDE,FDC,2S1P)
		(all default settings)
	3. Promise EIDE Max
		(secondary, IRQ 15)
	4. Creative Sound-Blaster pro, DSP version 3.1
		(0x220,IRQ 5, DMA 1)
	5. NE2000 compatible card.
		(0x300,IRQ 10)
	6. ISA ET4000AX video card.

Though computer hangs, the floppy drive is still light-up.
I've installed Linux, and it can boot and install normally.
Can you help me what the problem is and how to solve?
Thank you!

--

|        ===^===        | York Wu, Dept of CS & IE, NCU (中央資工84級)     |