Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:02:33 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Vijay Patel <talkwithpatel@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to keep java code running after logout

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 11:16:00PM -0700, Vijay Patel wrote:
> Hi friends,
> 	I have installed FreeBSD 4.5 on my machine. I am also
> having 2 other machines running on linux.
> 	We have developed a code in java which we need to run
> in background for 24 hrs. In linux we use...
> 	java Code1 &

Can you try 'java Code1 >& /some/log &' and see what sort of a stack
trace you get when the process dies?  If you're using a bourne style
shell then that would be 'java Code1 > /some/log 2>&1 &'.

Its hard to tell what is going on without any sort of error message,
there is no inbuilt reason the process should just die.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org