Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:53:34 +0200
From:      "Lucas" <Lucas@ians.be>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installation on a 486-2/66

> I'm interested to see that you are attempting to install FreeBSD on such
> old hardware.  I have a few motherboards like that laying around and have
> concidered using them as say dedicated home automation controlers.

I'm using a 486 DX2 66Mhz as a NAT gateway, and it's working very well with
FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE (I'm lacking disk space to upgrade to 3.5-STABLE). But I
had problems like Chris when installing it on another motherboard (the IDE
controller was not part of the motherboard). Maybe that's an IDE controller
problem ... If you can, try to install it on another motherboard.
Hope this helped.
Bye
--
Lucas - Lucas@ians.be