Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:26:22 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken floppy disk driver

Hi Hans,

[ this topic should live on -current@ ]

> I'm just wondering. Things used to work on my old 200MHz pentium, but recent
> changes made to FreeBSD-6/7 current break things. This is what dmesg shows:

I understand that trying multiple kernels on such a system is not an
option, unless - and I hope so - you are cross-compiling.

What do you mean with "recent changes" ?  At best, could you point out
the guilty commit ?  If you are indeed cross-compiling, then try
various kernel sources between the last known working date and HEAD.

If you wonder how to do this, this is pretty simple if you are using
cvs to get your sources :

    cvs up -D 2005.08.19.14.23.37 -dP

where "2005.08.19.14.23.37" is the date you want.

I also advice you to use dicotomy.

Thank you.
Regards,
--