Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:25:09 +0100 (BST)
From:      Steven <stee@essex.ac.uk>
To:        jgnovak <jgnovak@micron.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Compiling 4.3 kernel with sound support

ah thanks a lot, but i think the problem goes deeper than that. I got a
simular error once i had added the extra line, so i tried to make the
generic kernel.

cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
cp GENERIC MYKERNEL
config MYKERNEL
cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL
make depend
make

make gives after lots of the usual output:

missing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual
-fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include
-D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
../../nfs/nfs_serv.c
{standard input}: cc: Assembler messages:
Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL.
{standard input}:16644: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline
inserted
{standard input}:18618: Error: no such 386 instruction: `c'

I am running 4.3, installed from ftp a couple of days ago. I installed the
kenel sources with sysinstall. I assume the fact that I am doing this from
a terminal window in kde shouldn't make a difference?

Thanks

Steven

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, jgnovak wrote:

> [...]

<snip>