Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:20:11 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <joshua@twobirds.us>
To:        Rob <nospam@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5-Current on Pentium-I with old hardware: still risky?

* Rob <nospam@users.sourceforge.net> [2004-04-18 06:16]:

> Hi
>
> I have an old Pentium-1, which I like to configure as a router
> for a home network, with a minimal amount of user applications
> for system maintenance only.

A good idea.  Those machines do a great job of that very task.

> My simple and old Pentium-1 PC may therefore a very low risk system for
> installing 5-Current. Is that right? Or am making a big mistake here?

Well, IMHO, yes to the mistake part.  If this box will indeed be a
router for your home net, and it's already running 4-stable, why touch
it?  Remove unnecessary things from the system and let it run.  It
doesn't sound like the best machine to try 5 on, anyway.

--
Joshua

"Is there no place for the man with 105 IQ?!"
           --Homer Simpson