Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:47:28 -0400
From:      Michael Powell <nightrecon@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox and javascript

Kurt Buff wrote:

> Thought I'd try this again...
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE with the default kernel - amd64.
>
> I just csuped my ports tree and did a 'portupgrade -aRr' this morning,
> and am still having problems with FF bombing out on gmail, and lots of
> other sites with javascript. If I forbid google.com in noscript, and
> use the plain html interface, gmail works, but the other sites are
> severely crippled by this.
>
> Is this a problem experienced by many? If it's widespread, is there
> anyone I can contact to help them - I'd love to be a guinea pig for
> this...

One thing I suspect is that you may have built FF as a 64 bit binary on
amd64, while the extensions you have downloaded and installed are 32 bit.
Maybe this is not the case, but you might try removing any and all
extensions and the .mozilla (or rename for temporary purposes) directory.
Then rebuild FF clean with no extensions. Run it that way and see if the
javascript troubles you're seeing go away. If not, it's likely something
else.

-Mike