Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 2009 04:40:16 GMT
From:      Kenyon Ralph <kenyon@kenyonralph.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/140291: graphics/graphviz installation problems make dot useless, no output formats available

>Number:         140291
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       graphics/graphviz installation problems make dot useless, no output formats available
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
There are no apparent problems when building and installing the graphics/graphviz port. But when I attempt to use dot, there are no output formats available. I haven't looked enough yet to find out the problem.

% dot -v -Tdoeueou
dot - graphviz version 2.24.0 (20090616.2323)
Format: "doeueou" not recognized. Use one of:

% dot -v
dot - graphviz version 2.24.0 (20090616.2323)
Unable to find even the default "-Tdot" renderer.  Has the config
file been generated by running "dot -c" with installer's priviledges?

On the same machine, if I get the tarball from graphviz.org, extract, configure --prefix=/home/kenyon/temp, make, sudo make install, then that dot works as expected:

% ./dot -v -Tdoeueou
dot - graphviz version 2.24.0 (20090616.2323)
Activated plugin library: libgvplugin_pango.so.6
Using textlayout: textlayout:cairo
Activated plugin library: libgvplugin_dot_layout.so.6
Using layout: dot:dot_layout
Format: "doeueou" not recognized. Use one of: bmp canon cmap cmapx cmapx_np dot eps fig gd gd2 gif gtk gv ico imap imap_np ismap jpe jpeg jpg pdf plain plain-ext png ps ps2 svg svgz tif tiff tk vml vmlz vrml wbmp x11 xdot xlib